A guide to the construction outside Browns Bridge Church
Welcome to your source for all information on the new interchange under construction at Georgia 400 and Georgia 369 (eventually the new Exit 18).
Our goal is to provide answers to questions you may have about the construction project and how this new interchange will affect your experience on campus at Browns Bridge Church.
So let’s get to some commonly asked questions:
- From 400 South: Travel under 369 onto the exit ramp and turn right onto 369 East, at a new traffic light. From there, you will eventually turn right into BBC.
Note: Initially, there will be a few weeks when you will need to use Exit 17 (Keith Bridge Road) to detour around final construction, on the 400 South exit/entry ramp.
- From 400 North: You’ll go under 369 on the exit ramp. At the light, you’ll simply go straight through the intersection directly onto the BBC campus.
- From 369 East: You’ll drive over 400 and turn right into BBC.
- From 369 West: No big changes here. You’ll continue turning left into BBC.
- To 400 South: Turn left out of BBC onto 369 West before turning left onto the 400 South entry ramp.
Note: Initially, due to 400 South entry ramp completion, there will be a few weeks where we will have you turn right out of BBC onto 369 East, and then right onto Keith Bridge Road so that you can take 400 South from Exit 17.
- To 400 North: You’ll go straight out of BBC directly onto the 400 North entry ramp.
- To 369 East: You’ll simply turn right out of BBC.
- To 369 West: You’ll simply turn left out of BBC.
The top of our parkway will be shifting a bit but overall (across the current big lawn next to 369), our interior traffic flow and parking lots will remain the same. You’ll probably notice our “new” driveway being carved out across the big lawn close to 369.
We believe the overall project completion date will be mid-to-late 2024.
Please note though: different aspects of the new interchange will open at different times before that date (including the new entry/exit for Browns Bridge Church, which we believe will be functioning during the first half of 2023).
GA-369 will now be a bridge over GA-400, allowing traffic to flow in all directions on both roads at the same time. Forsyth County’s Government Facebook Page is also a great source for the latest news.
For Browns Bridge Church, it’s going to allow for a much faster exit and overall smoother experience entering and exiting our campus. And for the community at-large, it’s going to alleviate a lot of the backups we’ve all experienced at the 369/400 intersection at all times of the day and night.
This is a very popular question. Basically, that dirt will be used to create the new median on 369. Once the project is completed, our mountain of dirt will go away.
Please email Dave Tardella, Director of Ministry Services, and he’ll be happy to answer any of your questions.