Leverage your experience to guide others.
Help a couple prepare for a lifetime, not just a day
Be the guide that someone needs at their side.
Two to One is a mentoring ministry that pairs a trained volunteer mentor couple with an engaged couple for six to eight mentoring sessions over a two- to three-month period. A structured curriculum provides excellent preparation in areas key to a successful marriage—communication, conflict resolution, finances, intimacy, and family. The PREPARE/ENRICH inventory, an online tool that assesses a couple’s strengths and growth areas, is also used.
Before you begin mentoring, you’ll attend a three-hour training where we’ll provides you with the skills and knowledge you need to mentor engaged couples with competence and care. Additionally, ongoing training is provided three to four times a year to ensure that you are receiving current and relevant information to make you effective in helping engaged couples.
Interested in becoming a mentor?
We have a plan to help you become a Two to One Mentor.
- Review the requirements for mentors:
- You must be married for five years or more.
- You are both pursuing a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- You both demonstrate wisdom in your marriage.
- You recognize the Bible as the authority for your life.
- Apply online.
- Complete the PREPARE/ENRICH inventory.
- Interview with a staff member.
- Apprentice with an experienced mentor couple before being assigned an engaged couple of your own.
Not sure where to start?
Let us know and we can help!